I have just bought a second hand VAIO VGN-FS215Z , reinstalled windows, but i cant find the drivers anywhere!!!! :(

There is no serial number on the bottom so i cant access the european site to get my drivers?

Can anyone please suggest an alternative place to download ALL drivers for my VAIO..

PLease.... (at wits end)!!!!

Thankyou

Regards,

sarah holloway

Most windows installations allow you to work off of generic drivers.
My suggestions is to load those first.. from the device manager. Then, once online, sony sites can provide you with drivers based on your model. let me know how it goes or if you got further questions..

Can anyone else help me... extofer is being really helpful, but he isnt online.. at the mo... can anyone direct me in the direction of some drivers for my VAIO VGN-FS215Z ( apart from the sony site....)

Much appreciated

Regards, Sarah holloway

OK... sorry I wasn't online, I travel a lot, and I just to into my office in Roswell, NM.

1) network card and 2)ethernet adapter are the same thing. Try some generic drivers from Microsoft.

Sony's 3)Wireless adapter is probably an Intel Wireless Pro...

Those are the most important to get working, from there, you can get online to find the rest. Here is how:

Right click on My Computer, go to Manage, then Device Manager.

Under each Hardware device, you get the type, usually manufactureer and model, for instance:
under Network Adapters, I get "Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG") and I can run a search on ANY other computer and download and burn the drivers then install onto the Laptop. Got it??

Take each step at a time, be cool and calm, I had this happen to me before, and I know it's not that easy but doable.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.