My laptop (Sony FS640/W) got dropped a while back and then a verticle, red line appeared on it, the length of the entire screen, but the width of a pixel. Another line then appeared next to it around the next week, making it look like one big one, then another line appeared, it's blue. Currently, I got 6 lines, all spaced aproximetly evenly from each other. When I bend the screen to the right, the lines dissappear, so it's a hardware problem. I couldn't get any service for my laptop (Don't ask me why), but if I can diagnose the problem, I have a friend that might be able to fix it (Like a broken cable connection.etc). My uncle came to Canada for Christmas (He works at HP) and he said that some wires were making a connection (He didn't open the casing). I'll send pictures later, please see if you can still help though!

You probably need to replace the LCD panel. It could be the connection to the motherboard, or the cable, even. I would suggest that you contact the manufacturer of the laptop, and see if they have a spare parts department that offers replacement LCDs.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.