Hi, I recently bought a new PC from www.aria.co.uk. It was pre-built when I got it and I never opened it til after the problems started. Unfortunately, I dont have warranty on it so need to fix this myself. The specs are as follows:

AMD Sempron 3100 754 64bit Retail
16x DVDRW Silver DL
1024MB PC3200 DDR
Floppy + Card Reader Beige
200GB SATA Hard drive with 8m Cache
Arianet MIDI Tower2 Blk/Sil
Foxconn 760GXK8MC-S SiS760GX Skt 754 Motherboard
Radeon 9600Pro 256mb Graphics Card
Sound On Board
On Board LAN

After it arrived, I turned it on and everything worked fine. I installed windows and still, everything was fine. I shut it down and proceeded to move it somewhere more convinient. I unplugged the connections, moved it, re-connected and went to sleep without turning it on.

The next day I woke up and it won't turn on, and the fuse for the top floor in my house had blown. I repopped the fuse and tried again, to no avail; still won't come on. I replaced the power supply, and bought a surge protected extension lead, and hey presto, it came on!... Only nothing happens.

Nothing comes on the monitor at all. I tested the monitor, graphics card, HDD and RAM, and they all work fine. This leads me to think it's the motherboard or processor.

Because there's no beep error code when I turn it on, i'm led to believe that something on the motherboard has blown and needs to be replaced. What I want to know before I go and do the aforementioned thing, is... is it likely to be the problem? And could it be the processor? I don't want to waste money as I'm sure you can understand.

Thanks for reading, hope to hear back soon. :D

Unless you have some other CPU or motherboard with same type of slot, you'll need to take the machine to repairshop. No way of telling what is it this way.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.