I'm sure there's something I'm overlooking. It's an ASUS A7V8X-X, and it has a built-in sound card. The driver's there, but I can get no sound. The speakers work; you can hear them when you plug them in the case. I've got to be overlooking something, but can't figure what. Could anyone give me a list of things to check to insure everything's working? Thanks.
Giddyup

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

actually, my friend had the same problem with his ASUS board. The same model as yours. Turned out the board was faulty. So, if you're sure the drivers are fine, the speaker is fine and the connections are fine, the mobo itself could be bad.

I'm sure there's something I'm overlooking. It's an ASUS A7V8X-X, and it has a built-in sound card. The driver's there, but I can get no sound. The speakers work; you can hear them when you plug them in the case. I've got to be overlooking something, but can't figure what. Could anyone give me a list of things to check to insure everything's working? Thanks.
Giddyup

two basic things which you've likely already checked: be sure the 'mute' is unchecked, and ensure the speakers are plugged in the green hole. In Control Panel you can see if the Mobo thinks the speakers are working by going to the Multimedia>Sounds pane, select a sound and click the black solid arrow. If it goes square for a second it's working ..."the Old Geek"

Thanks for the input. It turned out to be the plug, but it's pink and not green; don't know why that is. Makes me feel kind of simple. I had to check the manual to get the scoop on the plugs. Thanks again for the help.
Giddyup

The pink plug means that it's for the microphone. Green is for the speakers.

I certainly can't argue that, but the speakers began working. I had the speaker connection plugged into the green one, but nada.
Thank, BuddyB

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.