TheTesses 0 Newbie Poster

I have an Acer TabletPC, and recently the hinge broke. I ordered a new hinge from Acer and replaced it. There were 5 wires running through the center of the swivel hinge. I have everything reconnected (I've gone in a couple of times to chek), but when I turn it on I get 2 lights, the fan comes on, I can hear the hard drive, then the hard drive goes silent and the fan keeps running. Only one light stays on.

I have quite a bit of experience with desktops, but I have never been in a laptop before. I wasn't sure where the wires were leading, but I knew they were running to my screen, so I took the bezel (?) off. I was using a small flathead screwdriver to pry it off, and at the bottom right I got a spark. Although I unplugged it first, I did not remove the battery. I was about ready to hit myself on the head with a mallet, but decided against it. I get nothing on the screen and the hard drive runs for less than 5 seconds before it shuts itself off.

The only other eventful thing that happened that might be worthy of mention is that I broke (yes, broke) the white clip that holds the "cable" from the keyboard to the mb. One side of the locks came off. It appears to be holding, but I can't imagine what else it could be. Please help me!!!!

If you have an answer, please email me at jilltessier@yahoo.com as I am not able to check this board often. Thanks!

Jill

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.