I have a problem- and I don't know if this is the place to post for help, but I've found good info on here before. I haven't been able to find an answer after looking through several dozen forums and chats and help sites. Maybe someone here can give me direction.

First, I opened my PC to find the fonts on the desktop had been replaced by squares and symbols and nonsense. After searching I found a few ideas for how to fix it, and tried each of them, including running a .reg script, resetting the system fonts, deleting and reloading the fonts in the Control Panel>Fonts folder, none of which did any good.

I found that the reason it did no good is because my Windows Registry has 0 fonts in it.

I haven't been able to find a way to replace the Registry fonts. IS there a way? I've found plenty of ways to delete them, but none on how to add them.

I heard mentioned once that it could be dangerous to add the registry fonts back in at this point. Is that the case? Or was a support person just being lazy?

To use my computer, I have to reload the system fonts into the Control Panel>Fonts folder every time I start up, and they are deleted every time the computer is shut down. I would appreciate any help on this I could get. Thank you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.