Ok.. i have an this model (a705w). I upgraded the memory about 2 months ago and all was well. Then we decieded to upgrade the Video card to a Geforce 6200 OC. before installing the card we went in removed (not disabled) the onboard Graphics card...I think that might have been a mistake, because now when I turn on the CPU i get a solid yellow light and nothing after that. Where as before when this thing worked I got a blue light. Nothing appears on the monitor, nothing at all. What can I do?

TY in advance

When you say you removed the on-board graphics, I assume you are refering to removing the Display agapter in the Windows Device manager. Depending on your system, you may have a BIOS setting which selects which dispaly adapter to enable first (AGP or PCI) or you may have a jumper on the motherboard which disables the on-board graphics controller. Try connecting the display cable to your on-board graphics connector and see if you get a picture ont he display. then try connecting the cable to the connetor on your new graphics card and try again. If you get a picture when connected to the on-baord graphics you must disable the on-board graphics controller in accordance with your system/motherboard instructions. You can find more detailed instructions at http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=435558&docname=c00007413

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.