Hello

I felt the rush of electric current (electric shock) to my body when I touched the back of the computer case. Is it normal to have electric current flowing through computer case? Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

No it isn't. Make sure the wall outlet you have plugged the system into is properly earthed....

Hi

some people say it is a form of a static electricity but i doubt coz i felt the true ac volt flowing to my body. We don't have here a grounding system in our outlet. what shall i do now? how can i trace the ground fault in the pc? thanks..

The fault does not lie in the PC. It's a problem with your wall power outlet. You need to get an electrician to fix the problem.

hello

Okay, thank you very much. My problem is now solved. Now I'm certain that the fault is not within the pc. I will try to install a grounding wire solely for the pc. Again, thank you.

I know that, from the hardware store, you can buy connectors that allow you to install a grounding wire to the power plug.

The part's like $.30 too...;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.