I don't do a lot on my computer anymore and on the odd change that actually play a game on it it's usually and older game so there's not problem. However there is one part of the game Dieing Light that I can't play because the game becomes too choppy, I quit playing it years ago for that reason but it's one game I was hoping to finish. I do sometimes play Ark, it plays fine for the post part but it takes a long while to load the map. I don't do near as much with computers as I use to and I havent really touched hardare or built a computer in years so I no longer even know what most of the numbers and lettesr for the specs even mean, and I'm looking for cheap simple solution to speeding this thing up. Here's a small rundown of my hardware, can I increas the memory and if I can what kind of memory do I need to buy? I'm sure they'll have to dig it out of a junk yard.

me@mint-desktop ~ $ inxi
CPU~Quad core AMD A10-6700 APU with Radeon HD Graphics (-MCP-) speed/max~1800/3700 MHz Kernel~4.10.0-38-generic x86_64 Up~0 min Mem~957.8/7926.5MB HDD~2240.5GB(21.3% used) Procs~237 Client~Shell inxi~2.2.35

Hello again!

OK, for that APU we always make sure the RAM is dual channel as the graphics and more take a double digit loss when it's single channel.

As to over speed, we eject all the old HDDs and slip in the new light-speed-engines called Solid State Drives (SSD.)

Small world it is, I just worked over a neighbor's i3 desktop and the HDD was one of those slugs. Boot time was about 45 minutes and after the change and clean install of the OS is now just under 21 seconds.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.