Hello everyone, Hope you are doing , I am too much confuse to buy a gaming laptop for my younger brother, Someone suggest a website like https://pcmag.com, https://cartvela.com, and Techradar but there are too much content, I can't make a decision.

Jen Larosa commented: Update: 2020 best gaming cheap laptop for me Acer Aspire 5 Gaming Laptop. +0

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

That's the paradox of choice. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Paradox_of_Choice

Since he's a younger person I'd stick to the 15 inch models. About 1300USD gets you a nice enough gamer. Don't think about 4K gaming. Let's go 1080p and maybe over 60Hz display.

https://www.amazon.com/i7-8750H-Processor-GeForce-Gigabit-Windows/dp/B07F6K21HJ

Not that big on games? Drop to the 1050 Ti model for 700ishUSD.
https://www.amazon.com/i7-8750H-Processor-GeForce-Gigabit-Windows/dp/B07DY11M1F

PS. Due to the paradox of choice, there are many "best"'s.

I used to have a 17" MSi gaming laptop and I really, really liked it. Unfortunately I dropped it in the airport and it permanently damanged the video card. James (DaniWeb's sysadmin) uses it now as his travel machine.

What's your budget for the gaming laptop?

There are many companies in the market and trying to do their best in this gaming field. I would suggest you go with ASUS TUF series which is very famous for its name. ASUS has other gaming laptops also but TUF series is quietly affordable for every gamer.

It is better to assemble a gaming PC. Laptop then you can not upgrade!

I think MSI is the best for gaming. It's can do everything for gamer.

While the GPU is significant, you'll additionally need to be vigilant for a decent CPU, enough RAM and loads of extra room. CPU: Depending on your financial limit, you can get an incredible Core i7 CPU or even one that you can overclock, for example, the Intel Core i9-8950HK. You can likewise discover workstations with work area CPUs.

What's your budget for a new laptop? Are you looking for core-i5 or core-i7?

Asus ROG Zephyrus S GX701. The quality gaming laptop in the world. ...
MSI GS75 Stealth 8SG. ...
Razer Blade Pro 17 (2019) ...
HP Omen 15. ...
Acer Predator Triton 500. ...
MSI GT75 Titan. ...
Lenovo Legion Y740. ...
Dell XPS 15 2-in-1.

commented: Please be timely about replies to questions like this. By now it's too late. -3

First of all you should check your budget and i will recommend Holistic Digital Gallery for buying Gaming Laptop. Good Luck

Choose Intel rather tha AMD
Choose NVIDIA card rather than AMD
Nvidia cards are best because they dont heat as compared to AMD cards.

commented: Dell G3 15 Razer Blade 15 (2020) Asus TUF A15 +0

Dell G3 15
Razer Blade 15 (2020)
Asus TUF A15
MSI GS65 Stealth Thin
Acer Predator Helios 300
i thinks these laptops are best for gaming

commented: Nice list. I'd remove any of the thin and light models. Because, experience hasn't been good here. +15

GPU/Graphics Card. Other than preparing power, your illustrations card is the main bit of equipment you ought to consider while picking a gaming PC. ...

Screen Display. For show, nothing not exactly a full top notch board or a screen goal of 1920×1080 pixels will get the job done. ...

Computer chip. ...

Slam. ...

Capacity. ...

Security.

This depend on your budget

GPU/Graphics Card. Other than handling power, your illustrations card is the main bit of equipment you ought to consider while picking a gaming PC.

You just need to keep in mind a few things while choosing a best gaming laptop. @andrewflintoff is right,
I will need to know what is your budget so that we can assist you properly. Moreover, The graphics card
is usually the bottleneck in the build, so choose that one wisely. The specs for gaming, are an AMD 1100T
, 8GB Ram and a GTX 970.

Gaming laptops aren’t targeted at everyone and focus on gamers who seek a device that offers a pure gaming experience. There are a host of brands like HP, Asus, MSI, Razer, Dell that have their offerings in the gaming laptop category.

Check out few things you should keep in mind before forking out a handsome amount of cash on the right gaming laptop.

• The right hardware (CPU+GPU)
  • Appropriate RAM and VRAM
  • Solid and bright Display
  • Ample Storage

Also, ensure that the gaming laptop you buy has good sound output. The audio component of a gaming laptop shoulde be really good to get the best experience.

commented: Have to add that these also make for great software development platforms. At a great price point! +15

This is tottaly depend on you, How much do you want to spend for the best gaming laptop

commented: The OP asked 2 years ago. But I'll add I find my price for such for what I want runs about 1,200 to more USD now. +15

you can buy easily in your buget

commented: 2 years is a long time to wait for this. Try to be timely next time. -4
commented: Great +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.