Hi

I have got a seagate 80gb hard drive but because i have such an old bios my computer could only see it as 33gb. I recived the computer from my uncle he set it up with the a dynamic drive overlay by using the seagate disc wizard. when i got the computer i could use the full capacity of the drive. I set up another partion at the end of the disk with all my files on it. I have had it for a couple months working fine. Then this morning it boots up to the blue ddo screen and says that the hal.dll file is missing. I haven't made a backup of my files. I have no idea how to reinstall the ddo and windows xp pro. hopefully if i get windows xp working again i should be able to recover my files.
does anyone no how ti reinstall the ddo and windows xp pro?

Cheers
Adam

Contributors
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by fry

hi adam! welcome to daniweb!

i didn't get what is ddo. partition size limitation cn be caused by several reasons, the first one it you want to make a fat32 partition and windows allow you the max size 32Gb, to make a bigger fat32 partition you need to use 3d party partition progs like disk director.
the second is you didn't install SP2, so your windows can't support large drives(but i think that the most common reason is first.)
to reinstall windows you need to insert installation disk and boot from it and go throgh the installation process.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.