The last thing I can remember doing before this current problem occured was running spybot. I ran the program and removed the suspect files. Now when my computer sits idle over night, when I try to use it in the morning, everything except outlook express is hung. When I hit Ctrl/Alt/Del nothing happens and all I can do to regain access it shut the computer down using the power button and let it reboot. Can anyone give me some direction to follow to trouble shoot this problem. Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

The last thing I can remember doing before this current problem occured was running spybot. I ran the program and removed the suspect files. Now when my computer sits idle over night, when I try to use it in the morning, everything except outlook express is hung. When I hit Ctrl/Alt/Del nothing happens and all I can do to regain access it shut the computer down using the power button and let it reboot. Can anyone give me some direction to follow to trouble shoot this problem. Thank you

I have the same problem, when my machine sits idle it locks everything up even though with no apps running and I have to reboot. Very annoying as it happens 3 or 4 times a day. Did you get anywhere with this ?

I have the same problem, when my machine sits idle it locks everything up even though with no apps running and I have to reboot. Very annoying as it happens 3 or 4 times a day. Did you get anywhere with this ?

No answer to this yet. Still having the problem, Sorry I can't help yet

No answer to this yet. Still having the problem, Sorry I can't help yet

Thanks for getting back so quickly. Please keep me informed if you get anywhere and I will do the same.

Do me a favor - run HJT (from my signature) and post the log file, sounds like it's something spybot won't see, this will find everything that isn't Microsoft or likewise signed differences in your system, and tell you what they are, giving you an option to fix them..

WARNING - If you don't have a good understanding of this program - do not attempt to use it to fix things - just get the log, and post it, someone with experience should be able to help you and tell you what to tick and what to leave alone.

Do me a favor - run HJT (from my signature) and post the log file...

Hi TiJay, and welcome to the site :)
While we definitely do appreciate help and other input from new members, please read this announcement, pinned at the top of every forum's main page, specifically regarding the posting of HijackThis logs.
Due to the sheer number of HJT logs that get submitted at this site, we confine those postings and the subsequent log analysis to our Viruses, Spyware, and other Nasties forum only.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.