I have seen a large amount of post with some similar situations as mine but still no luck. i turn on my laptop and it does a POST then i get window with safe mode options and start from last known spot. But this is not the F8 screen i can not get into safe mode or any other mode it just restarts and i am back to the same screen. i can not access the bios screen it just seems to lock up. any help is greatly appreciated thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

i can not access the bios screen it just seems to lock up.

This indicates a serious hardware problem ranging from "loose memory module" to "some dead chip". If you are familiar with "notebook dissection" you might try to find out yourself, otherwise you should contact service.

This indicates a serious hardware problem ranging from "loose memory module" to "some dead chip". If you are familiar with "notebook dissection" you might try to find out yourself, otherwise you should contact service.

Thank you i am not to familiar with laptops but my harddrive had been making a funny noise so i think i am going to look for a good shop that wont price gouge cough* best buy

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.