Hi All. Thanks for reading.

So this is my challenge... I've got an older gateway desktop, was running fine, Windows XP. All of the sudden now I've got nada. Gateway screen comes up with F1 and Tab options under the image, but nothing happens when I push either or any. Get blank screen from there on out. No HD activity, beeps or anything. I can't even get to the BIOS. Have run through the basics and made sure all components are seated properly. Hard drive seems to be spinning and at the very beginning it seems to recognize (lights up) on the CD and DVD burners.

Any ideas/suggestions welcome.

Chris:rolleyes:

Did you ever resolve this issue? If so, how? Thanks.

Hi All. Thanks for reading.

So this is my challenge... I've got an older gateway desktop, was running fine, Windows XP. All of the sudden now I've got nada. Gateway screen comes up with F1 and Tab options under the image, but nothing happens when I push either or any. Get blank screen from there on out. No HD activity, beeps or anything. I can't even get to the BIOS. Have run through the basics and made sure all components are seated properly. Hard drive seems to be spinning and at the very beginning it seems to recognize (lights up) on the CD and DVD burners.

Any ideas/suggestions welcome.

Chris:rolleyes:

Not yet. Haven't had a chance to do anything further.

Next step is to remove all components and put them back in 1 by 1...

Will post if/when I fix it.

Did you ever resolve this issue? If so, how? Thanks.

Too bad.

I just had one similar, but it would boot up OK once a day or so. I updated the video and monitor drivers when it was up. Seems to have worked, but I will know for sure over the next few days. Does yours ever boot up correctly?

Not yet. Haven't had a chance to do anything further.

Next step is to remove all components and put them back in 1 by 1...

Will post if/when I fix it.

It used to. The problem was sporadic and if you futzed with it enough, it would finally catch itself and boot up.

Now all I get is the splash screen with the f1 and f7 commands below the Gateway logo which when you use them do nothing...

The HD spins, whirs, clicks and then nothing else from there but awkward silence...

Can't even get to the BIOS.

Too bad.

I just had one similar, but it would boot up OK once a day or so. I updated the video and monitor drivers when it was up. Seems to have worked, but I will know for sure over the next few days. Does yours ever boot up correctly?

Hmmm...well, post if you figure it out. I may be in need of a solution if it continues to go like yours. Good luck. So far I am hoping that this one has been solved. I'll let you know if it gets worse.

It used to. The problem was sporadic and if you futzed with it enough, it would finally catch itself and boot up.

Now all I get is the splash screen with the f1 and f7 commands below the Gateway logo which when you use them do nothing...

The HD spins, whirs, clicks and then nothing else from there but awkward silence...

Can't even get to the BIOS.

OK, now this one is doing the same as yours. Splash screen, then nothing. Never makes it past. Tried different monitor...same. It is all built together inside, so I am unable to replace cards or add them. Have you figured yours out yet?

Hmmm...well, post if you figure it out. I may be in need of a solution if it continues to go like yours. Good luck. So far I am hoping that this one has been solved. I'll let you know if it gets worse.

I am having the same problem, but on a laptop by gateway. If I hit the power button is boots up to a system recovery screen. Do not know why? Wondering if you all have figured out anything yet. Please let me know.
Adam Cohen

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.