Hi, im trying my luck here as my notebook no longer boots. Well its a bit old (5 years) and actually died about 2 years ago. I set it aside and lately was trying to revive it. here are the symtoms;
- Plug it in; i get the DC light in the front of the case
- Press the power button; ON LED in front of case turns on, but nothing else. I can hear the HD wine up, does a little clicking, like its searching for something. Then stops. does a little more then stops. And thats all i get. No screen activity, no BIOS screen, tried hit F12, ESC, F3, nothing.
- Also did swap out the HD into another laptop, and it boots good, so im sure its not the HD.
- Removed Batter; same symptoms
- One last thing i noticed when i had the keyboard off, i can see the CPU Fan, and it never turns ON. Wondering if the fan is defective.
Question: Does anyone know if defective Fan will NOT let the computer boot? It does have 3 wire indicating to me that there is some feedback to MB to monitor the fan, but i thought it should not matter on boot up (i know it will shut itself down, but only after reaching some temp. limits), but maybe im wrong. I rotated the fan manually and it seems smooth. I am probable going to try and salvage another fan and do quick test to see if a working fan can allow it to boot.
Any other input or ideas to try?