When I push the power button, the fans come on and it turns on fine, however, immediately after turning it on, it makes this beeping sound and then something in the floppy disk drive makes a sound. There is no floppy disk in the drive. The machine doesn't boot up, but the fans stay on! I opened it up and removed the power source and then connected everything again...it still did the same thing. HELP!:rolleyes:

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

When I push the power button, the fans come on and it turns on fine, however, immediately after turning it on, it makes this beeping sound and then something in the floppy disk drive makes a sound. There is no floppy disk in the drive. The machine doesn't boot up, but the fans stay on! I opened it up and removed the power source and then connected everything again...it still did the same thing. HELP!:rolleyes:

Hey!

According to what you said, it could be your memory card try re-plugging your memory modules it could help.

Actually, it could be any number of things, memory included.
If you could tell us the pattern and number of the beeps, and what type of BIOS your PC uses (It'll be in your motherboard manual).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.