So last night, I was turning my computer off after playing a video game, and went through the start menu to turn off the computer. I was tired and lazy, so instead of clicking "Turn off" like I normally do, I just hit enter... which I noticed put my computer to stand by. 9 hours later when I turned it on this morning... nothing happened (meaning none of the fans turned on, nothing showed on my monitor, nothing at all happened). I have a ASUS A8NSLI Deluxe motherboard, and I use the keyboard to turn my computer on (CTRL+Esc), when that didn't work, I use tried the power button on the chasis... no go...

So I decided to crack the box open, and popped the battery off the motherboard. Reinserted it back it... and still didn't turn on. The last thing I tried was clearing the CMOS with the jumper... Also didn't work...

The power is going through motherboard... the LED on it turns on when I plug it in. As well as my keyboard which also has an LED which tells me that there's power going to it. I've done nothing out of the blue... I didn't install any new hardware, or software... just played a game and turned it off.

I'm out of ideas as to what I can do...

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by fntmx1

Standby... it's done problems for me before, but I usually waited it out. I remember turning off my power supply, and quickly press the power button to bleed any leftover power.

From there, I would a few minutes, turn on the power supply, and try another boot. It's strange you can't get anything out of the box, though. Try the power turn off/on, but I'm confused as to whether or not fans/devices are turning on, besides LED stuff. Because this is a lot more serious if those things don't.

Seems like a power issue, for the most part. If you can get ahold of a different power supply, or try a new wall socket configuration, or both, that'd be the best test for the machine.

I guess this is more serious, then, because none of the fans turn on - CPU, vid cards, or chasis... I tried powering on/off the way you said, and it didn't work. I'm going to try another power supply tomorrow and see how it works out...

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.