I have a Dell Inspiron 1000 that I've had for almost 2 years now. When I start my computer, a weird whirring, buzzing noise starts and then when I try to start windows, it says "DELLDIAG didn't exist in the hhd. Press any key to reboot." When I do, nothing happens. But yesterday, my computer started working normally again, but when I tried to boot it up this morning, the noise and the DELLDIAG screen were back. I am running Windows XP home on my computer. Is there anyone who can help?

Contributors
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by qmtroy

I have a Dell Inspiron 1000 that I've had for almost 2 years now. When I start my computer, a weird whirring, buzzing noise starts and then when I try to start windows, it says "DELLDIAG didn't exist in the hhd. Press any key to reboot." When I do, nothing happens. But yesterday, my computer started working normally again, but when I tried to boot it up this morning, the noise and the DELLDIAG screen were back. I am running Windows XP home on my computer. Is there anyone who can help?

Sounds like the HD is about to quit on you. If you get it to boot again I would back up your HD. You could also try to hook it up to external HD and retrieve your info that way.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.