I have a Dell Inspiron 1000 that I've had for almost 2 years now. When I start my computer, a weird whirring, buzzing noise starts and then when I try to start windows, it says "DELLDIAG didn't exist in the hhd. Press any key to reboot." When I do, nothing happens. But yesterday, my computer started working normally again, but when I tried to boot it up this morning, the noise and the DELLDIAG screen were back. I am running Windows XP home on my computer. Is there anyone who can help?

I have a Dell Inspiron 1000 that I've had for almost 2 years now. When I start my computer, a weird whirring, buzzing noise starts and then when I try to start windows, it says "DELLDIAG didn't exist in the hhd. Press any key to reboot." When I do, nothing happens. But yesterday, my computer started working normally again, but when I tried to boot it up this morning, the noise and the DELLDIAG screen were back. I am running Windows XP home on my computer. Is there anyone who can help?

Sounds like the HD is about to quit on you. If you get it to boot again I would back up your HD. You could also try to hook it up to external HD and retrieve your info that way.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.