I have an Okidata 320 turbo connected through the lpt1 port. When I try to print it does nothing. If I open the Printer queue it shows the job as printing, then deleting, then printing again. It also shows a job below it spooling. That job will then disappear off of the queue and show up again a split second later with a spooling status. If I unhook the printer cable from the back of the computer it does the same thing. It's like it does't even recognize that I've unplugged the printer. I have tried removing and re-installing the port, I have tried other printer cables, I have re-installed the printer and the driver. I don't know what else to try. Any suggestions?

I have an Okidata 320 turbo connected through the lpt1 port. When I try to print it does nothing. If I open the Printer queue it shows the job as printing, then deleting, then printing again. It also shows a job below it spooling. That job will then disappear off of the queue and show up again a split second later with a spooling status. If I unhook the printer cable from the back of the computer it does the same thing. It's like it does't even recognize that I've unplugged the printer. I have tried removing and re-installing the port, I have tried other printer cables, I have re-installed the printer and the driver. I don't know what else to try. Any suggestions?

Ditto - I've been trying to get our 320 to run with no success. Maybe this will 'bump' the thread.;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.