PalmerEldritch 0 Newbie Poster

I have a whole new set of computer guts that I've been assembling.

I have an ASUS M2N4-SLI motherboard, an AMD Windsor AM2 3800+, a one gigabyte stick of PC2-5300 RAM, a SATA hard drive, a DVD-Drive, and a PNY 7300GT video card. I've assembled them and the machine shuts off before it gets to POST. Maybe a five count where nothing displays and then it powers down.

I've stripped it down to just the motherboard and the processor and get the same results. I've tried a different case and a different set of Power Swtiches and HDD LEDS. I've tried multiple Power Supplies. I believe I've reset the CMOS using the CMOS jumpers on the board. And I still have the same symptoms.

Any input would be welcome. Anyone run into the same symptoms? I don't have an extra compatible CPU or motherboard laying around so I can't just try a different AM2 socket processor or anything like that. Both the motherboard and the CPU should be returnable... hopefully. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.