This Pavillion 7955 was given to me by a friend who told me the hard drive died. When trying to boot it shows a message that the boot disk is bad. I put in a new hard drive and got the same message. I tried a new connecter ribbon with no luck. I'm thinking the Mother Board must be bad. Is there anything else I can try? :cry:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

This Pavillion 7955 was given to me by a friend who told me the hard drive died. When trying to boot it shows a message that the boot disk is bad. I put in a new hard drive and got the same message. I tried a new connecter ribbon with no luck. I'm thinking the Mother Board must be bad. Is there anything else I can try? :cry:

What size drive is the new one and is it new or just new to you ,is it formated ,if you don't have a windows bootdisk go to www.bootdisk.com and get one ,what windows OS do you have to install on the new drive .so many questions !!

The new drive is a maxtor 200GB and is formatted. The computer was running XP and I have the recovery Disks to redo the system if I can get that far. Thank you for your reply.

What size drive is the new one and is it new or just new to you ,is it formated ,if you don't have a windows bootdisk go to www.bootdisk.com and get one ,what windows OS do you have to install on the new drive .so many questions !!

The new drive is a maxtor 200GB and is formatted. The computer was running XP and I have the recovery Disks to redo the system if I can get that far. Thank you for your reply.

how old is that computer ,200 gig might be to big ,there maybe bios limitiations as to how big a drive it will take

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.