Hey there!

I have been using speakers with my PC(Windows Xp) which works fine. Now I wanted to talk to my friends online so I tried to plug in my headset with attached microphone. I can hear fine on the headset(listen to music hear sounds on theweb etc.) but I can't hear my voice or use my microphone for talking to people.

My headset has 2 jacks which I have plugged into 2 sockets at the back of the harddrive.

I tried using sound recorder but its not taking any input means i can't hear any voice on playback.I have done the microphone configuration. Please help me, I can't figure it out. Microphone is working well on my friends PC.Thanks XX

What jack do you have the headset/mic. plugged into?

Hi!!!

Thanx for ur reply.....but i didn't get ur question properly......
I hav plugged the headset/mic at the back of computer according to the symbols given......

So which is it plugged into the Symbol of the Microphone or a headphone jack?

my microphone/headphone has two pin each for hedphone n microphone which is plugged respectively.....

Sounds silly, but is your mic. volume turned up if you double click the Volume?

yes its there...i have checked all the configuration...can there be any problem with my sound card....well speakers are working fine....tell me any way to check if my sound card is working fine or not.....thanx

plz can any body help me out of this problem...

I can't get the sound indicator to register ;when using skype - i can hear t;he other person, but they can't hear me.
I have a mac ibookg4 laptop with a built in mike.
Thanks
norm

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.