Hi everyone!

First off, I'd like to say thank you to anyone in advance who can help me with my crucial situation.
I'm having a problem with my BIOS. See, I thought I knew about computers more than I do and was trying to fix the problem on my own, but I may have done more harm than good.
I have 2 hard drives, a MAXTOR and an IBM, and then I have a MEMOREX CDROM drive. I need help with where to put the ribbon cables, which end of the ribbon cable goes where, what to make the master and the slave, and the boot order.
I am using XP PRO, and my BIOS is Phoenix BIOS 4.0 Release 6.0
I'd like to be able to reinstall XP or repair without losing what i have on my system.
thanks again,
stephan

Contributors
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by raybay

What is your computer brand and model, or your motherboard model. Which operating system? Do you have a recovery disc set that came with the computer, or are you using a Microsoft Windows XP disc set? Which hard drive do you want to be primary and which is secondary.
Do you have EIDE ATA-133 cables? They will have 80 conductors and 40 connectors.
What have you changed so far to bring you to this point? Are you just adding a drive, or have you made more significant changes.
It sounds as if we can get you where you want to be easily, but it would help to have more information.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.