My brothers pc keeps shutingdown after we start it.he told me he open it to clean it up and after he try to start it up it keeps shutingdown...i checked pw with one that works and it did the same.Same with ram i change it and same thing happens.Also i do see the bios,but then it shutdown.i did take a clip of what it does maybe some one can help me out.

thanks in advance.

Clip
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ese0HyvIZ90

setup
350W Power Supply
ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe Socket 478 Intel 875P ATX Intel Motherboard
PROLINK MVGA-NVG34P GeForce FX5200 128MB DDR PCI Video Card
CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel
Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 ST3200826AS 200GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive
Intel Pentium 4 3.2E Prescott 3.2GHz Socket 478 Processor

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Try making sure Everything including cables and cards are inserted correctly and the right way round. That even included your Power Supply cables.

Its easy to knock something out or even to short something when you begin cleaning the insides of a computer and this is where real great care should be taken.

If that doesn't work get back to me and i'll see what i can come up with further.

Any beep codes?

Something may have inadvertantly been damaged due to static. Parts can be damaged without feeling, seeing, or hearing any static discharge.

Try Start With F8 & Boot With Last good Known Condition
& Try interChange your RAM & IDE Ports Mean Try With Secondry Port
Or Give Some More Detail or
Try To Run With out Connecting HDD & CD Or DVD Drive 1 by 1 If Got The Problem Then Ok oterwise....
Give Some More Detail

I just had a 2nd look at your video....

I hate to say this but it looks to me like you've got a blown capacitor on the motherboard near to your chipset (the bit with ASUS on it).

Do me a big favour and go back and have a closer look - look for any brownness or discolouration on or near these capacitors.

A good capacitor will be black on the outside but will have a light silver coloured top on it.

It's a very good idea to touch a metal surface before you go into a PC and ensure that the area around you has an ambient temperature. Not too HOT, DRY or HUMID. Definately not WET though;)

It's a very good idea to touch a metal surface before you go into a PC

Yep,but only if the PC is grounded and don't touch any capacitors, or you will get a shocking experience (even if the computer's powercable is disconnected)

Yep,but only if the PC is grounded and don't touch any capacitors, or you will get a shocking experience (even if the computer's powercable is disconnected)

yep them buggers hold a lot of charge for a very very long time after the power has been disconnected from your pc.:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.