I tried to burn a CD this morning, and it got all the way to the "finishing" part, and then it wouldn't stop spinning, then it said that the CD could not be completed and that the disc may or may not be usable again. Of course the disc is no longer useable~I tried on another computer and was able to burn with no problem, so it wasn't the program that was burning or what I was trying to burn. I don't know what to do! Please help! Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi Nicole,

I would recommend that if it worked before and now it's not try the following.

Go to your control panel and into Systems.
Hardware then Device manager.
Click on the plus sign next to IDE/ATA and ATAPI devices.
Right click on IDE Controller
Left click on remove.
Restart the system (it should automatically ask to restart).
When the system restarts do not close the Found new hardware wizard. Allow it to install and wait for the message to disappear.

Once it disappears restart again.

Then try.

Hope that helps

RueB 2s De

I was once able to write cds. Now I am unable to. I can't save files to a disk and I can't burn music to a cd.

My Device Manger says the CD Rom drive is working properly. I can't figure it out.

Please Help.

everytime i try to burn a cd it only put 3 or 5 songs on the disc
and than it will stop why dose it do that..

everytime i try to burn a cd it only put 3 or 5 songs on the disc
and than it will stop why dose it do that..

not sure ,why not tell us a lttle about your computer,speed and ram and harddrive size to start with ,and why not share with us what burning software you are using to burn the music to disk ,name and version # thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.