I learned about this site a few days ago, and it has already helped solve one of my problems, so I thought I'd ask another question.

I am looking for an external hard drive. I found a great buy on amazon.com, its a SimpleTech 250gb external hard drive for $104. The reviews on Amazon.com for the product were mixed. People either loved it, or hated it. What is your suggestion for a new HD? Is SimpleTech a decent product line?

Thanks, Robert

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The problem with reviews from consumers is that they are always biased. Either the product worked for them and there for it is great, or they had a problem and it's a p.os..

Simple Tech is ok, but I do have a preference for Maxtor, Seagate, or Western Digital, and not necessarily in that order.

Just curious here, why a external hdd?

I want an external HD, because I got a digital camera as a gift a month ago. I want to be able to store my photos, along with all my friend's photos. Sort of like a community photo/video album among my family/friends. I also would like to back up all my important documents and information. I doubt if I will ever fill up a 250gb drive even HALF way, but oh well.

That explains why you want a extra hdd but not why a external opposed to a internal one.

There are some connectivity advantages with a internal hdd.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.