Hey everyone, about a month or 2 ago I started hearing a very loud whirring coming from my box, so I started trying to figure it out. Eventually I found out that it was the video card fan, making this obnoxiously loud whirring noise that sounds like a hairdryer almost. I noticed no performance change, but the sound is horrendous and I can't imagine it's good.

for more info on my card, this site has some great images on it: http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=ODEy

So, i recently ordered the zalman vga cooler in hopes that installing it will eliminate this noise, but maybe theres a way to fix it without it. I'm away from my computer for another week for now, but I was wondering if there is any way to tighten the fan you think? When i was figuring out where the noise was I used my hand to prop up the video card fan and it seems that its a bit loose, any way to tighten this? would i have to disassemble the card entirely? It's not really something I'd like to do. Any suggestions???? thanks in advance.

..., but maybe theres a way to fix it without it.
... is any way to tighten the fan you think?

Unfortunately it is a double no. Just wait for new VGA cooler and be carefull while replacing, follow instructions...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.