What might cause my Dell Inspiron 600m to flash to a blue screen (of death) for a split second then turn off? I'm guessing because it gets like overheated from playing games or something, but it's happened like 4 or 5 times recently and never before that so I'm just wondering if there's some obvious reason for it.

What might cause my Dell Inspiron 600m to flash to a blue screen (of death) for a split second then turn off? I'm guessing because it gets like overheated from playing games or something, but it's happened like 4 or 5 times recently and never before that so I'm just wondering if there's some obvious reason for it.

It will help if can ger the bsod error message.,turn off aouto shutdown ,
right click on mycpmuter/properties/advanced/start up and recovery ,settings, uncheck auto restart in system failure section. the next time you get bsod you should get the error message right it down and post it back here .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.