-CCR- 0 Newbie Poster

Problem: I am a gamer who like any gamer likes to ensure that he has the right tech peripherals to maximize gameplay. Sadly, I have come across a game that requires a rather interesting feature: merely the ability to register all four arrow keys when pressed down. I'm in need of a wireless (prefered) or wired USB keyboard that can work flawlessly for the prestated funtionality.

Extra Details: The game I need this functionality for is StepMania (freeware) version 3pnt9. The game is similar to Dance Dance Revolution, In The Groove, Keyboard Mania, and Pump It Up where gameplay consists of arrows representing 8th notes, Quarter notes, and so on that make up "step charts" for dance pads so you can step/dance to premapped charts where the idea of the charts is to step in beat to the song playing to the arrows. StepMania is for PC and allows the option to use the arrow keys of a keyboard instead. Some "step charts", however, require that all four of the arrow keys can register all at once and register not just the initial tap but that the arrows are all being held down. I have asked for support on the forums for the game and have been informed that it is a common problem and that my keyboard is at fault and that some keyboards accomidate the feature I'm looking for and some just don't. So, in addition to knowing of what keyboards anyone may know of that accomidate this feature, I am somewhat curious if anyone can explain to me what exactly it is inside keyboards that brings about such a limitation and possibly what could be done to modify keyboards to allow this feature. I currently have one keyboard that does have the effect I desire, but it has the PS2 type adapter and my laptop lacks the ability to use PS2 peripherals (no spot for it to plug in; I know, it is odd that it doesn't have it). I'd look possibly into a USB to PS2 adapter, but I'd rather have nice new lightweight wireless USB keyboard that has this funtionality (making my gaming more portable and easily moveable).

Thank you anyone who can help me out on this.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.