I have a presario SR1215CL that will not boot up. It has a green light that flashes beneath the power cord plug, on back of of machine ( while it is plugged in ) if unplugged it slowly fades out.It does nothing,other that that light on back, there is no response from front of machine.No response from hard drive or internal fans, noting just silence.Surge protector is good to go, I did test it.I dont know what to do with this,never had it happen before. any ideas? appreciate the help, thanks folks

d

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

first thing you need to do is rule out the power supply as the problem ,unless you own a power supply tester only way to do this is install a new/different working power supply

I am going to swallow a cup of pride here,but where is the "power supply " located ? I hate to ask, but need to on this one.Is that the unit at back where cord plugs into?

Is that the unit at back where cord plugs into?

yes it is ,I think you should take you computer into computer shop for repair .

Thanks caperjack ,I found the testers at tiger direct. I will order one, or if possible find one locally.Starting there would be the smartest place to start.If it needs to be replaced would you have suggestions on what to buy or shy away from?

Thanks caperjack ,I found the testers at tiger direct. I will order one, or if possible find one locally.Starting there would be the smartest place to start.If it needs to be replaced would you have suggestions on what to buy or shy away from?

as for what to buy ,you will find all the info on the power supply itself , once you get in the computer to take it out if its bad .like wattage and stuff .if you do end up needing one best to take the old power supply to local shop and get a replacement

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.