I have a government test in two days on my home computer and I was freaking out. Thanks for posting this!

Thank you, this is my favorite post ever, I have it in my bookmarks as I magically change my screen each day..Shift and Control.. I love you

Press CTRL and SHIFT at the same time twice as fast as you can then hold CTRL, SHIFT and ALT for 7 sec then it will go back to Question Mark.

Press CTRL and SHIFT at the same time twice as fast as you can then hold CTRL, SHIFT and ALT for 7 sec then it will go back to Question Mark.

Just check your Num Lock see it should be off that's it;))

awesome works great!

My friend had a problem with a frenchg "e" coming up on the apostrophe key.
I went on the internet and posed the problem and your site came up. A guy named
Steptoe (hope that's right) had the answer with a bunch of "Thank you, it worked!" following.
Passed it onto my friend and it worked immediately for her. She passed it on to her friends who had the same problem.
Thanks for your site. You have saved my friend's sanity.

man none of these things help at all

the LSHIFT+RSHIFT+LCTRL worked for me!! thanks people!! ÉÉÉÉÉééÉéééé???////////???????

Works great Stepside! all you guys who said it does't work just hold it longer it will shut it off:)

Simple fix to a simple problem. The big problem I see here is people don't spellcheck what they write. Pathetic.

None of the above works for me sadly I have tried everything. I have a Lenovo laptop when I went to Morocco the shop had to change the windows 8 back to 7 but they put it into a French version and a lot of the symbols are different and some of the letters I can find everything except for the ? Question mark as I have said I have tried all of the above and nothing has worked can anyone assist further please?

Hi Julie,

if the OS set the azerty layout try to press shift and comma to get the question mark. Anyway you should set the keyboard layout to match the keyboard not the language of the OS, see if this helps:

Also from the Lenovo documentation for your laptop, you can get the original layout name, set that and it should work fine again.

on my keyboard press caps lock an controll same time to correct

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.