I've just purchased a new computer, and I'm a little etchy on if I bought enough hard drive space. I currently use my computer for programming, web dev, and graphic design. I'm expecting to use a total of 5 GBs worth of program files for all my needs, but I know I must account for security updates and misc other things I might install or want.

The computer I bought has 160 GBs, and I'm also planning on getting a second slave drive around 200 GBs for storage of files.

I'm expecting this computer to last me for the next 5 years, do you think this is enough space?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Plenty unless you plan to store video on it. Generally a compiler or two and a bunch of projects will fit within 8-10 gb easy. Add a few hundred snapshots, that's another gig. All your stolen, er, 'backed-up' mp3 files, another gig.

It's only when you want to store your DVD collection or many hours of video that you will get close to that much space.

and... FIVE YEARS? That machine will be a DINOSAUR by then!

:-)

The computer I'm on right now is 4 years old, and it's still better than the majority of computers my colleagues use. I ordered a P4 3.4 Ghz HT, 1 GB DDR RAM, 160 GB, 256 ATI Radeon.

i have this problem with dns error...what will i do?

im newbie here!help pls :sad:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.