rockstar99 0 Newbie Poster

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade from Nvidia 6100 to GeForce 8500GT, but the details are killing me and my eMachine T6216. Black screen shows up when I mess with BIOS and I actually had to reinstall Windows XP because I did not have any drivers left. :@ Could anyone who has gone through the joys of this process give me a simple step-by-step set of instructions? (The ones I got with the card are a joke..) Very simple ones, as I still have much to learn about computers.

Also right when I attempted my installations, the computer does not start up anymore. It sits there with the fan blazing at highest speed for bout 2 min until it finally boots up. Restarting does not exist anymore. The old drivers that were deleted must have been tied into the BIOS. (Reinstalling them has had no affect).

No matter what my config turns out to be, I cannot seem to get the old card out of use while bringing in the new one (in IPC) with a working driver. When I try to install driver, the CD tells me it does not recognize current version of VGA and suggest I go to Nvidia.com. I suspect BIOS is the key, but I have no idea how to use it.

Please help!