The scanner on my 2575 has recently developed a thck black vertical line down the centre of the page. It's not due to anything on the glass. I'm running it on a Vista PC. Otherwise it works (prints) well.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Steve

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

What happens when you try to photocopy something?

Do you still get the black line?

Yes I do

Thanks for replying

Steve

Then the problem is somewhere in the printer, not the PC.

Does the black line appear in line with the scanner, or at right angles to it?

Yes, I'd realised that it was not a PC issue. Black line is in line with the scanner.

Any chance that you could post a scanned image somewhere?

I'm having the same problem with mine! It happened when I first bought it, called support and fixed it but now they want 35$ to tell me the answer again. Should have wrote it down. Crappy company. Any answer yet?

I'm having the same problem with mine! It happened when I first bought it, called support and fixed it but now they want 35$ to tell me the answer again. Should have wrote it down. Crappy company. Any answer yet?

Hi
No. no answer. I've bought a new Lexmark now, had enough of HP. I've passed the HP onto a local charity to use as a printer, so would be glad if you do remember/find a solution, so I can fix it for them. Can you remember what kind of a solution it was?

Steve

I have the same problem! Did anyone find a way to reset the camera in the scanner? I am loosing 1/3 of the scan field...so I cannot scan a letter, only a snippet. Mine has a 1 1/2" black stripe running the length of the screen, and two 1/2" stripes. Whazzup?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.