Hi All,
I wonder can anyone help me. I recently had a Trojan Virus on my laptop,finally removed it and what I thought was all traces. But it somehow has upset any connections through Windows to access the internet. I can access through Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird for my mails,no problem what so ever. But when I try to use Internet Explorer or Windows Mail I get an error message?? Not that this would bother me in the slightest,but I can not get updates for Windows or Limewire or even Windows Media Player, or anything else that has to go through Internet Explorer?
Can anyone help?
I'm running Windows Vista 32 bit.
I have tried to Reset Internet Explorer a number of times but it made no difference.
Thanks in advance for your help,Derek

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

hi,

i am new here too and this would be my first post. now whenever i have such a problem i usually use system restore to undo the changes the virus made. maybe u can restore ur comp to an earlier date and have the changes reverted. this will however uninstall any programs that u have installed since or any other kind of changes u made to the operating system. it will not touch any of ur documents like docs jpgs etc no no worries there.

hope this helps ;)

hi,

i am new here too and this would be my first post. now whenever i have such a problem i usually use system restore to undo the changes the virus made. maybe u can restore ur comp to an earlier date and have the changes reverted. this will however uninstall any programs that u have installed since or any other kind of changes u made to the operating system. it will not touch any of ur documents like docs jpgs etc no no worries there.

hope this helps ;)

Thanks for trying mate,but that didn't work.
Also,the trojan seems to have done something to the Printer spool as I can not print anything either??

What does this error message say?

What does this error message say?

It says :Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Hi,Cohen, I went to that thread,but I couldn't perform all the actions as I needed Internet Explorer to update certain things and since thats the problem I have have in the first place it really wasn't much help. I did download the Malware scanner and it found 18 threats and removed them,but made no real difference. I can't use Internet Explorer,or Windows Mail,update Windows Media, can't update Windows either.?? They obviously go through the same connection,but I don't know how to find it? As I say,Firefox and Thunderbird connect no problem? It's really annoying me at this stage,I would really really really love to get this solved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.