Hey i would be very gratefull if someone can help me here.
I had windows live onecare for 32-bit vista and randomly the other day it stopped updating and no matter what i did it would not update so i uninstalled and bought the new norton 2010, this also would not install at first but i contacted staff for help and then it would not update either.

I have now purchased kasperski internet security and i have downloaded the file but i cannot open it because the virus corrupts it, i also tried AVG free edition and this does not work either.

I am at the end of my tether here i just don't know what to do now please can someone help me.

Hi and welcome to the Daniweb forums :).

==========

Please use the Internet Explorer browser (or FireFox with IETab), and do an online scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner

Note: If you have used this particular scanner before, you MAY HAVE TO UNINSTALL the program through Add/Remove Programs before downloading the new ActiveX component

Click Yes, when prompted to install its ActiveX component.
(Note.. for Internet Explorer 7 users: If at any time you have trouble with the "Accept" button of the license, click on the "Zoom" tool located at the bottom right of the IE window and set the zoom to 75 %. Once the license has been accepted, reset to 100%.)
The program launches and downloads the latest definition files.

• Once the files are downloaded click on Next
  • Click on Scan Settings and configure as follows:
    • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:

Extended

• Scan Options:

Scan Archives

Scan Mail Bases

[*] Click OK and, under select a target to scan, select My Computer
When the scan is done, in the Scan is completed window (below), any infection is displayed.
There is no option to clean/disinfect, however, we need to analyze the information on the report.

To obtain the report:
Click on: Save Report As (above - red blinking arrow)
Next, in the Save as prompt, Save in area, select: Desktop
In the File name area, use KScan, or something similar
In Save as type, click the drop arrow and select: Text file [*.txt]
Then, click: Save
Please post the Kaspersky Online Scanner Report in your reply.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.