Help require to clean up my laptop. I am experiencing slow processing with constant pop up whenever I click on an open browser. Pls help me with instructions to clean and get rid of any virus and spyware in my system. Thank you! JK

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Thanks rproffitt,
I have followed the instructions from your link above by scanning with all the tools suggested, but I still have PUP popping up each time I click on Chrome. It's clear of any threat by SuperAntiSpyware and HitmanPro but Malwarebytes Anti-Malware still show the following 6 PUPs:
PUP.Optional.PricePeep
PUP.Optional.PricePeep
PUP.Optional.ReMarkIt.PrxySvrRST
PUP.Optional.ReMarkIt.PrxySvrRST
PUP.Optional.Yontoo
PUP.Optional.Yontoo

What else must I do to rid all the threats?

Thanks,
JK

Malwarebytes should be offering removal. I did find some that scan but didn't remove items found. Be sure to remove if the tool offers or has a removal tool.

-> And here's a thing. Some items you must take care of on your own. For example if the home page is set to a bad place, no scanners change that. You must do that on your own. There have been users that don't get this and are looking for scanners that fix it for them.

If the set of tools and your work can't get it gone, sign up for bleepingcomputer.com, read their rules then post as they ask you to. It's a bit of a wait but there are so many that need help. It's a specialized site for such work.

Finally, you can reset a browser to toss out add ons. I don't want to be Captain Obvious and tell you to google "How to reset Chrome."

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.