Ok, very odd........... whenever im browsing through the unanswered threads part of this site...... McAfee V-Shield brings up a "TROJAN PROGRAM FOUND."
Theres actually two of them but i'll explain this one first. The first warning says that the downloaded file is SEARCH[43].HTML and the trojan name is Exploit-URLSpoof.gen it says "the file SEARCH[43].HTM is a known trojan file. Please try to clean this file or delete the file and restore from backup.

The second one says something similar but says:

INFECTED FILE NAME:
C:\Documents and Settings\.................

VIRUS NAME:
Exploit-URLSpoof.gen

VirusScan Suggests
This infected file cannot be cleaned. You should delete the file and replace it with a clean copy. Your dada will not be affected.

Wierd Huh? And it was on THIS SITE!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

No it's not. It's on your system!

Work through the suggestions in the "Helping yourself" sticky in the Security forum section, and then post a topic in there if you have remaining problems. MacAffee Virus Shield by itself doesn't detect all intrusions, I'm afraid, and it sounds like you've collected some malware from browsing. I can assure you it never came from here :D

Ok thanks i'll try that

Also, if you're browsing through our Security forum, some HJT logs are detected as containing malicious scripts sometimes, as the text will have URLs embedded in them.

If McAfee will allow you to proceed, then it's cool, and the messages can be disregarded if you've performed Catweazle's suggestions.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.