I had some doubts running clipper programs in Linux. I am having dos based clipper programs for accounting which we are thinking to migrate to Novell but i am for Linux ,considering cost and may in future Linux cost effectiveness may help us, plus security and scalability.

Actual Scenario:

Small office network10/100Mbps (6-8 clients), where we use Clipper-based program for accounting. First, we thought of an old NetWare as a server and Diskless Netware Clients, then I suggested it with linux+Samba. Now i have abouts of corruption of database in Linux and whether dos emulators might work if they work will they really slow around with 6-7 clients connected . Is it possible to speed it up somehow (with new hardware?) or may be native speed of dos emu s can be overcome by some way.

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by JoetjeF

I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm trying to do the same thing. Will ms dos emulation solve the problem, or some linux tool is needed?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.