Service Pack 2

Hewlett-Packard
Pavilion
Intel(R) Celeron(TM) CPU
1300MHz
1.30 GHz, 512 MB of RAM

hp pavilion 502n

-----------

When I turn on my computer and either let it sit for a while, or I start opening programs - games, Word, my Wireless Connection, and MSN, I get [Windows - Virtual Memory Minium Too Low] "Your system is low on virtual memory. Windows is increasing the size of your virtual memory paging file. During this process, memory requests for some applications may be denied." (I do get these errors even when I don't open anything - but opening stuff seems to certainly speed it up) And, needless to stay, when that happens I cannot open anything or do much. And what EXTREMELY little I can do, the computer's numbingly slow.

The first error is usually immediately followed by a few other errors. Sometimes it's Runtime C++, or it's [MSN Messenger] "The following error cause MSN Messanger to close: <unknown>". (I'll get two of the MSN ones)

Anybody have any clue what's wrong with my computer? I've tried adjusting the settings under the Virtual Memory panel under the Advance tab in My Computer, but I'm not sure if the numbers I put down are even correct.

Please help.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

set it to System manage size!

set it to System manage size!

When I do that, the computer still runs slow, lags, and icon graphics don't come in nearly as fast. (instead I'll see the white Windows logo)

Somewhat along the lines of what caperjack is alluding to:

Open Task Manager and see if you can identify which running processes are eating up your system resources. If Task Manager shows certain programs or processes to be using what seems like an inordinately large amount of memory, tell us what those processes are.

Also- a bit more history on the problem would help:

- How long has this been happening?

- Did you make any changes to the system around the time you first started experiencing the problem (think carefully...)?

- Has the problem become more frequent/severe over time?

- Have you checked you system for viruses, spyware, and the like yet? If not, do so; read through the threads in our Security forum as caperjack suggested for more info on that.

I'll do all of the above in a bit, but it just happend to me again after the Windows - Virtual Memory error, this time I got [RUNDLL] - An exception occurred while trying to run ""C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll", cdaEngineMain"

I've been gettin the Virt Memory error for about a month now. I can't think of anything that I did that would cause this... I do have Kazaa, but I haven't used it for ages.

-------

Now some NEW ones! Got...

[MSN] - We were unable to load a required library txsrvc.dll
Error code: 0x000005aF

[Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library] - Runttime Error!
Program: C:\WINDOWS\System32\P2P Networkings\P2P Networking.exe

R6016
- not enough space for thread data.

-------------

Top Memory taking Processess:

P2P Networking.exe (Owner) 36,700 k (bouncing around, highest was 41,860)
svchost.exe (SYSTEM) 5,616 k
explorer.exe (Owner) 3,564 k
msnmsgr.exe (Owner) 1840 k

Go to control panel and add and remove programs and uninstall P2P networking and WildTangents .for starters .

Go to control panel and add and remove programs and uninstall P2P networking and WildTangents .for starters .

"For starters" being the key here- you have spyware infections (WildTangent probably only being one of many), and from the symptoms you've described it sounds like those infections might very well be at the root of your problems.

As I posted earlier:

- Have you checked you system for viruses, spyware, and the like yet? If not, do so; read through the threads in our Security forum as caperjack suggested for more info on that.

I havd a customer who had a similar problem a month ago, after getting out the spyware, I had to do a repair install, and that cleared it up.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.