Mandriva 2010 has just been released

http://www2.mandriva.com/downloads/

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

yes, it looks quite promising. not a big KDE4 fan though, so will be giving GNOME a go. proceeding with caution though, as i have an intel chipset and my machine hates both the new ubuntu and fedora

yes, it looks quite promising. not a big KDE4 fan though, so will be giving GNOME a go. proceeding with caution though, as i have an intel chipset and my machine hates both the new ubuntu and fedora

If your talking about wireless then I never had any problems with Mandriva..I also use Gnome but with this version I'm going to give KDE a try, maybe just maybe they have the bugs worked out..

no i mean with regards to video. Intel chipsets and Plymouth KMS dont mix

If your talking about wireless then I never had any problems with Mandriva..I also use Gnome but with this version I'm going to give KDE a try, maybe just maybe they have the bugs worked out..

Switched back to Gnome already...

Will check it out, thanks :) I've used Ubuntu mostly, although I've heard lots of good things about Mandriva.

I've downloaded ISO, googling to see how I can make it "USB resident" Operating System so that I can walk and boot anywhere, just like when it is installed in machine

I love KDE and I don't know why you guys don't like it. Is there something wrong? I used KUbuntu some times ago, and was comfortable with KDE

I love KDE and I don't know why you guys don't like it. Is there something wrong? I used KUbuntu some times ago, and was comfortable with KDE

No KDE is O.K. just different...I run KDE on my Slackware box

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.