I am an it support technician and we recently purchased a dozen Acer vm480g's. When i used my Acronis 9 to image the drive it was successful but when i reboot after completion it errors that it can not find the linux boot kernel. Our image is built on xp pro sp3. i don't know if this is the right forum or not but any help would be great.

It create problem always until when you remove linux from your system then you build acronis 9 image for Xp pro Sp3. WHY, when you install Xp and Linux both on single bootable drive in system.Linux kernel doesn't work with acronis 9.

these systems came with windows 7 and an xp pro downgrade not a Linux OS they just boot through a Linux kernel. they will not boot to acronis 9 or acronis ten or a windows boot CD. they do however boot to almost any Linux live CD or usb i put in them. we are still fighting this issue and acer is lost on what im telling them. i think there is a chip on the board that the mbr checks through or something because even if i image a hard drive in a different system and install it in the acer case it still says it cant boot due to missing Linux boot kernel. i cant be the only one in the world with this issue. someone somewhere has done this im sure of it.