Hi,
I was thinking of Writing A kernel for a Embeddeb OS (for a
cell phone / PDA) for my Graduation project.
i want to know everything involved in writing an kernel.
i have a good knowledge of c , c++, x86 Architecture, Operating
Systems.
Please Help Me.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

That's obviously too broad a subject to be directly answered here, but to start with, you should be able to find some references and resources at www.tldp.org.

Hi,

I am one like you too. can you share your code with me??
About.. writing OS?

I am too eager to know the configuration needed to build an basic OS(one like DOS) with all controls with me.

Due to the fact that the member who originally started this thread has not responded in almost one year, this thread is considered abandoned and has been closed.

In accordance with our posting rules, other members having similar questions or problems need to start their own threads and post their questions there. In order to help us help you most quickly, please include as much information about your problem as possible in your posts.

If the member who originally started this thread wishes to have the thread reopened, please send your request, including a link to this thread, to one of our moderators via email or Private Message.

Thank you.

commented: You thread closer you ;p +4
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.