Hello all,

I've installed a new 80GB HD in my PC with Mandrake 9.2 Linux. The hardware is detected but unfortunately the Diskdrake cannot see the disk (hdc). So, I'm not know what can I do.

I've tryied to write in fstab and mtab, no success.

Please could some one help me?

Thanks in advance.

Eduardo

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hello all,

I've Mandrake 9.2 Linux installed in my PC (512 MB, Atlhon 1.4), together with another 2 HD's (Hda 40GB and Hdb 6Gb). The hardware detection of Mandrake is able to see the new HD, the model, brand and capacity. Also the tool can point to the "/dev/ide/hd/bus1/.... where, at least, the component that manage the hd should be. But they aren't. Each component is used for the old devices. Also, the simbolic link @HDC or @HDC1 doesn't exist.

My tough is, for this reason Diskdrake (fdisk too) cannot see the disk (hdc). So, I'm not know what I can do.

Even I try to write in fstab and mtab, as: /dev/hdc /mnt/newdisk defaults.... doesn't work. A message told me that the line points to nowhere apeears.

Please could some one help me? C'mom there's no difficult to who knows linux!! Of course its not my case!!! :D

Thanks in advance.

Eduardo

Hello,

I merged these threads, as they are the same "conversation".

I wish I could help you eduardo, but I am a Redhat person.

Christian

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.