Hey guys, I'm fairly new to using linux however I need to know a few things. (I'm very aware there are examples on the web for most of these, but I want to know how you guys personally prefer to go about these)
1) Find hard drive serial (SCSI) without the use of sdparm
2) Find Ip Address of the current machine
3) Find the machine name of the current machine
4) Find the operating system of the current machine
My findings for this are:
2) ifconfig | grep "inet addr"
4) uname -a
Do you guys have better ways of finding these things? Also are my findings correct?