Clarification:

4) check post26. you said ubuntu was bloated. ubuntu has far less packages than MEPIS

You mean 'By Default' All Linux distrobutions, can work with almost any software package designed for linux.

A 'Full' Ubuntu install, can contain just as many packages.

Clarification:
4) check post26. you said ubuntu was bloated. ubuntu has far less packages than MEPIS

You mean 'By Default' All Linux distrobutions, can work with almost any software package designed for linux.

A 'Full' Ubuntu install, can contain just as many packages.

Whoa there man. You check post # 26 again. In post #26 I was asking why MEPIS was being referred to as bloated and not ubuntu. They use the same repos and are similar in size. I NEVER call anything 'bloated' even if it was. I just asked why the reference was to MEPIS being bloated. I never meant to infer that ubuntu was bloated. I love bloat. The more the better. That's why I like kde over the less configurable gnome desktop. You say bloat and I say packages. Not bloat. Bloat is something a deer does the day after it gets run over. :p

I was responding to jbennets post. I said nothing in regards to yours. Please read the posts before you go off on someone.

Thanks jbennet.
Maybe I was a bit quick to draw, blud. Nice pun though, huh ?Draw blud ?Did someone hear that hat drop ? LOL.
It's just that post #26 was my post so I thought that you (blud) meant me. No problem. We have worked things out just fine, jbennet and I. Thanks for the reply. I was getting kind of used to having defend myself at every turn but I think that that is behind us all now.
Apoligies to anyone who's feathers I ruffled. it's not my usual way to be combatitive. More like me to bend over backwards trying to get the right info typed in to help a poster. Harder to type when one is bent over backwards. I should know better. :eek:

thats good. whats your pic of anyways?

Bird?
Statue?
Helmet?

I cant quite tell, mine is my pda btw

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.