I have to:
Run the grades program twice, so that it accepts the data in the files t1 and t2 as input for the two respective runs.

I ran the grades program, it asked me to enter digits, I have the t1 and t2 files, how do I make the program read the files with out coping and pasting the content of the file?

Send the output from these runs of the program to the output file

I still don't know how to do the first part so I just copied and pasted, the numbers from the file. but how do I sent the output to a output file?

Then Print a header to the output file before each run, with header text "Grades Test 1" and "Grades Test 2"

it should appear like this, Im so comfused
===================
Grades test 1
===================
[output from second test run of grades program]

===================
Grades test 2
===================
[output from second test run of grades program]

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I know I have to use the < and > operators but I have no clue how to capture the return of the program

ok so I figured out how to run the program without copy and pasting but how do I run the grades program twice, so that it accepts the data in the files t1 and t2 as input for the two respective runs

every time I try to put but t1 and t2 into the output.txt, t2 overwrites t1, HELP please

every time I try to put but t1 and t2 into the output.txt, t2 overwrites t1, HELP please

#./a.out > outfile1.txt&
#./a.out > outfile2.txt

Note the & at the end of first command. It will run the first process in bg so that you can run the next process.
Is this what you wanted?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.