I installed the httpd.conf file. Didnt make any changes to it. I saw where you had indicated the origional content. I changed my servername to localhost. and changed all ownerships to root. Each time trying script before making any changes. I then went so far as to delete everthing except #! usr/bin/perl still errored. Now I checked the apache error logs and I get the same message premature end of script header, I also get an error, "cannot open perl script "!" No such file or directory.
Be a part of the DaniWeb community
We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.20 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.