I'm running kubuntu 5.04, and I am having lots of trouble setting my scroll wheel to work. specifically, in Konqueror or other web browsers.

The mouse is a standard, two button and scroll wheel mouse. the applicable portion of my xorg.conf file follows:

Section "InputDevice"

Identifier  "Mouse1"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option "Protocol"    "Auto"
    Option "Device"      "/dev/input/mice"

every time i try to edit this, or add one of the suggested lines, x crashes... can someone please save me from ripping even more of my hair out?

12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Dortz

What suggested lines are you trying to add? On my slack box, I have in xorg.conf the next lines:

Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
Options "Buttons" "5"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

and it works perfectly.

I had those exact last two lines, only the problem i had (when i crashed X for the HUNDRETH TIME! milestone crash!) I guess the only thing i can think of at the moment to change would be tell the protocol it's 'IMPS/2' instead of 'auto'...

yeah... i'm tryin a lot of different things here, and, for the most part, X isn't crashing anymore. i still don't have use of my mousewheel for anything yet though... Is there any place I can turn that has more in-depth documentation about xorg.conf?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.