Hello, Here's my story and I hope someone can help me. I purchased a brand new 320gb sata hard drive for a Compaq laptop. I want to have the original drive with Windows and have another (different drive)that I can swap out and run Ubuntu. I removed the old drive and installed the new drive. I then tried to install Ubuntu and I got to a page that said I had enough room on the drive and I had power hooked up. But, it said that I did not have an internet connection (wireless)and would not let me continue. So, I shut the computer down and moved it closer to my router and hooked up a cable connection. I then started the computer up and got to the same page, it now told me internet o.k., power o.k., not enough space on my hard drive. I have tried to do this with Ubuntu 10 and 11 with the same result.
I do not know what to do next. Any help will be appreciated. victor1244

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

What type of source media are you using to install Ubuntu?
I would have thought that you did not need an internet connection to initially install Ubuntu. I have installed Ubuntu on my netbook without a problem (I can't recall if I used a memory stick or a CD/DVD). I have also dual booted a Dell laptop to run Windows XP and also Suse Linux 10.

I am using cd's that I downloaded from the Ubuntu website. I can't understand that either. victor1244

I am using cd's that I downloaded from the Ubuntu website. I can't understand that either. victor1244

can you present exact message and screenshot?

I don't know how to get a screenshot. The message on the screen says:

internet o.k., power o.k., not enough space on my hard drive.

victor1244

The only thing I can think of suggesting is obtaining a new installation for Ubuntu and burning a new DVD or writing it to a memory stick. Then try again.

I will try that. Thank You, victor1244

I don't know how to get a screenshot. The message on the screen says:

internet o.k., power o.k., not enough space on my hard drive.

victor1244

It seems hard disk is full. Can you tell us how your disk is partitioned?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.