Hello, Here's my story and I hope someone can help me. I purchased a brand new 320gb sata hard drive for a Compaq laptop. I want to have the original drive with Windows and have another (different drive)that I can swap out and run Ubuntu. I removed the old drive and installed the new drive. I then tried to install Ubuntu and I got to a page that said I had enough room on the drive and I had power hooked up. But, it said that I did not have an internet connection (wireless)and would not let me continue. So, I shut the computer down and moved it closer to my router and hooked up a cable connection. I then started the computer up and got to the same page, it now told me internet o.k., power o.k., not enough space on my hard drive. I have tried to do this with Ubuntu 10 and 11 with the same result.
I do not know what to do next. Any help will be appreciated. victor1244

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Stefano Mtangoo

What type of source media are you using to install Ubuntu?
I would have thought that you did not need an internet connection to initially install Ubuntu. I have installed Ubuntu on my netbook without a problem (I can't recall if I used a memory stick or a CD/DVD). I have also dual booted a Dell laptop to run Windows XP and also Suse Linux 10.

I am using cd's that I downloaded from the Ubuntu website. I can't understand that either. victor1244

I am using cd's that I downloaded from the Ubuntu website. I can't understand that either. victor1244

can you present exact message and screenshot?

I don't know how to get a screenshot. The message on the screen says:

internet o.k., power o.k., not enough space on my hard drive.

victor1244

The only thing I can think of suggesting is obtaining a new installation for Ubuntu and burning a new DVD or writing it to a memory stick. Then try again.

I don't know how to get a screenshot. The message on the screen says:

internet o.k., power o.k., not enough space on my hard drive.

victor1244

It seems hard disk is full. Can you tell us how your disk is partitioned?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.